Frozen Halls Boss Cheatsheet
At this point in Wrath, everyone is expected to know any heroic through Trial of Champions. This is incredibly obvious when you use the LFG tool – the tank tears through the instance like he has a big party to get to, and only stops for the healer to regain mana (if you’re lucky). If you don’t know a boss fight, you probably won’t have a chance to speak up and ask for tips.
I feel sorry for any players who are just getting their first toon to 80 now. Hopefully if you’re in that boat you have a guild who can coach you through each instance your first time. Either that or read up on the strategies and run each heroic in a specific order before getting yourself into that “Random Heroic” queue.
The new Frozen Halls instances are a different story – they are still new enough that in a nice group you’ll get a bit of leeway on not having the fights memorized. I actually ran with a kind PUG tank yesterday in the Forge of Souls who put very short explanations of the boss fights in party chat before pulling.
I thought I would put up my own “cheat sheet” to refer to with short explanations of each of the bosses. Wowwiki and other sites have great strategies, but they require a lot of reading – not something you can look at quickly to refresh your memory when that Random Dungeon you get thrown in to turns out to be Heroic Halls of Reflection. Keep in mind these are very brief, and are definitely missing some aspects of the fights, but they give you an idea of what you absolutely need to do to prevent a wipe.
Forge of Souls
- Phase 1: Casts corrupted soul on target which will heal him. Target should run away, tank should kite boss away, and DPS the soul down.
- Phase 2: Soulstorm – huddle in center of room. One player will get feared into it and will need heals.
Devourer of Souls:
- Stay out of purple things on the floor
- Don’t DPS during Mirrored Soul
- Get behind him during Wailing Souls
- Avoid wraiths – can’t be targeted
Pit of Saron
- Avoid saronite rocks that are thrown
- LOS behind rocks if debuff stacks get too high
- LOS behind rocks when he runs to the forge
- Heal players targeted with Deep Freeze
Krick and Ick
- Stay out of the green puddles
- Run away on Pursuit
- Run away from Poison Nova
- Run away from explosive purple mines
- Forceful smash = heavy tank heals
- Tank kites him across ice patches after Unholy Power
- Don’t DPS or Heal if you have the Overlord’s Brand
- Run away if marked (others run away from this position as well)
Halls of Reflection
- Kill Priests first to prevent healing
- Dispel magic debuffs if possible (Quivering Strike, Impending Dispair)
- Counteract fear if possible
- Stay out of circles on the ground
- Careful about dispelling Shared Suffering – it will share the remaining damage across your party
- Gauntlet – kill quickly or you will be annihilated by the Lich King